Pear and Gorgonzola Puff Pastry
This easy appetizer only takes 25 minutes to make! Sweet, savory and perfect to pair with champagne or wine. The secret is using frozen puff pastry to make quick work of these during the busy holiday season.
Brought to you by Britney Breaks Bread.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 2-3 Comice Pears (you can also use Bartlett Pears)
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- Fresh Thyme
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice pears lengthwise using a knife or mandolin. Slice thinly, then cut in half.
- Roll a sheet of puff pastry flat. Cut into 6 equally-sized rectangles, and lay them out on your lined baking sheet. Add about 1-2 Tbs of Gorgonzola cheese to each rectangle. Add 3-4 halved pears to the puff pastry, wedging between the Gorgonzola cheese so that the pears lay flat.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve immediately.