Back ribs, roughly 2 lbs
Apple cider vinegar
High Fat Butter
Lillie’s q gold
Fine Sea Salt
Lillie's q smoky & hot smoky
Recipe and image provided by: Lillie’s Q
1. Trim ribs—remove rib from either side of rack.
2. Remove membrane off back of rib.
3. Season both sides with fine sea salt (somewhat heavily)—let sit 5 minutes
4. Brush ribs with a thin layer of Lillie’s Q Gold.
5. Season both sides of the ribs with BBQ rub (you don’t want it caked on, but enough so that you don’t see the Gold Sauce).
6. Smoke at 250˚ F for 2 hours, spraying with apple cider vinegar every 30 minutes.
7. Remove ribs from smoker. Mix BBQ rub, apple juice and 2–3 ounces of butter. Place ribs with the meat side down and brush mixture on back side of the ribs. Wrap in a double layer of foil and place ribs back in smoker for roughly 90 minutes. Ribs should have an internal temperature around 200˚ F.
8. With the smoker still at 250˚ F, unwrap ribs and place with meat side up. Glaze with a 50/50 mixture of Smoky and Hot Smoky every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
9. Pull ribs off the smoker and allow to rest for 15–20 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy.