Black and White Sesame Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
1 Cup White Sesame Seeds
1/2 Cup Black Sesame Seeds
2 Pounds SUSHI Grade Yellow Fin Tuna Loin, Cut into 1/2 Pound long pieces
1/2 Cup Pickled Ginger
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Cup Prepared Wasabi
1 Pound Bowtie Pasta
Preheat a non stick sauté pan to medium-high.
1. Cook the pasta al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside on a sheet pan to cool.
2. Place the oil, pickled ginger, lemon juice and prepared wasabi in a food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Combine the black and white sesame seeds and coat all sides of the tuna loin with the combined sesame seeds.
4. Place the sesame coated tuna on the preheated pan and sear for 10-15 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Slice the tuna into thin slices and arrange them on a platter. Garnish with more pickled ginger and prepared wasabi.
6. Toss the cooked pasta with the wasabi dressing and serve with the tuna.