3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp Balducci's Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo (canned)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, washed and finely chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chipotle peppers and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Remove from blender or food processor. Stir in capers and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled as an accompaniment to your favorite fish dish.
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND CAPER SAUCE
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes
1 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup large capers
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup kalamata olives
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 eggplant (1 lb) peeled, cut into 1/2 inch thick dice
Black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until the onion is tender and transparent, 5 minutes.
2. Add the wine and simmer briefly. Stir in the eggplant and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and cooked down, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, capers, and olives. Simmer gently until the tomatoes are very soft and the sauce is aromatic, about 20 minutes.
4. Add the basil, stir and season to taste with pepper. Serve with pasta or let cool, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.