SLOW COOKER OATMEAL WITH HONEYCRISP APPLES
1 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats
2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and cut into small dice
5 ¼ cups water
½ teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ cup Balducci’s Organic Maple Syrup
½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
Place everything in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Set temperature to LOW, and cook for 6 hours. (If there isn’t a low setting, set it to warm and cook for 6-8 hours).
2 soft 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
1 tablespoon salsa verde or mild salsa
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 slices cooked turkey bacon or 2 tablespoon diced low sodium ham
2 tablespoons crumbled Queso Fresco
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters
1. Mix salsa verde, cilantro and sour cream together.
2. Meanwhile coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat, add egg substitute and cook, stirring until the eggs are cooked through, about 90 seconds, add in Queso Fresco and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Lay out tortillas on a microwave safe plate and divide the scrambled egg between the tortillas.
3. Top with salsa mixture and with turkey bacon or diced ham. Roll to form a Burrito and microwave for 30 seconds uncovered.
1- 1/4 Cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, cold, cut into ½” cubes
3 Tablespoons ice water
6 Slices bacon, cut into 1/4” dice
3 Medium Mayan Sweet Onions (or Vidalia), halved and sliced thinly across grain
3/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon fresh minced thyme
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup half & half
Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
1. Lightly spray a 9” tart pan (fluted edge, removable bottom) with baking spray.
2. Place the flour, sugar and water into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to distribute evenly. Add the butter and pulse about 12-15 1-second pulses until you have a coarse mixture. Add the ice water and process for 5 seconds - the dough should come together in large clumps, if not add 1 tablespoon more water. Crumble the dough over the tart pan and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Lightly spray a piece of heavy foil with baking spray and gently press the foil into the tart shell. Fill the foil with weights (uncooked beans) and place the tart pan in a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the crust until it is getting brown around the edges and the dough under the foil isn’t wet looking, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove the foil/weights (beans) and return the crust to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes longer, until the crust is golden brown. Leave the oven on.
4. While the crust is baking, cook the bacon in a large frying pan (12” non-stick is best) over medium heat until it is crisp and browned. Use a slotted spoon to drain the bacon on paper towels. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan. Add the Vidalia onions, salt and thyme to the pan. Cover and cook until the onions wilt and release moisture, about 10 minutes. Stir the onions, reduce heat, cover and cook 10 more minutes. Uncover the pan and continue to cook until the moisture has all evaporated and the onions are soft and a little brown, about another 10 minutes. Let the onions cool off of the heat for 5-10 minutes.
5. While the onions are cooling, whisk together the eggs, half & half and pepper. When ready to assemble the tart, stir the onions into the egg mixture and pour it into the warm crust. Sprinkle the bacon on top of the filling and return the tart to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes longer (filling will be set and feel firm in the center). Cool for 10-20 minutes on a wire rack, remove the tart from the pan and use a large, thin spatula to help slide the tart off of the bottom of the pan and onto a serving dish. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2 Egg Whites
3 Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses, chopped
½ Banana, sliced
1 Teaspoon Sugar
• Spray small pan and pour in egg whites. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side to form a crepe.
• Place on plate and top half with banana slices and chopped chocolate
• Fold over other half to cover and then sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar
• Wait about 1 minute until chocolate is melted
CHOCOLATE PEANUT POMEGRANATE TREAT
1 Container Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
1 Teaspoon Crushed Peanuts
1 Tablespoon Cacao Powder
¼ Cup Pomegranate Arils (fresh or frozen)
• Mix yogurt, peanut butter and cacao powder until blended well.
• Top with pomegranate arils and crushed peanuts
FRUITY NUTTY TORTILLA PIZZA
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (La Tortilla Factory)
¾ Cup Mixed Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries)
1 Tablespoon Chocolate Syrup
1 Tablespoon Sliced Almonds
• Lay tortilla on flat surface and top with berries
• Toast for 2 minutes in toaster oven
• Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sliced almonds.
• Slice into 6 pieces